Annual Rodeo Uncorked
International Wine Competition
Media Contact: Marguarite Clark Public Relations
Marguarite Clark, (949) 295-2801, email@example.com
CARTER CREEK WINERY AWARDED AN IMPRESSIVE 13 MEDALS AT 19th ANNUAL RODEO UNCORKED!® INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION
JOHNSON CITY, Texas – Carter Creek Winery, located in the heart of Texas Hill Country and owned by the Carter Family, proudly accepted 13 awards – one for each submission – at the 2022 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™-sponsored Rodeo Uncorked!® International Wine Competition, held November 12 to 14, 2021.
The 19th annual competition featured 2,862 entries from 17 countries, including France, Spain, Italy, Israel, Peru, Argentina and South Africa. Of those entries, 480 entries were from Texas wineries, and 203 entries came from this year’s featured region, Washington State.
“To earn a medal for each of the 13 wines we entered and recognition at one of the largest international wine competitions in the country is an accomplishment of which we are extremely proud,” said Jeff Carter, president of Carter Hospitality, owner and management of Carter Creek Winery Resort & Spa.
Noted by veteran master winemaker Jon McPherson, who oversees production of Carter Creek’s award-winning wines, its vineyards in Texas Hill Country produce varietals especially unique due to the combination of an extremely warm growing season and an early harvest delivering softer, earth driven wines.
The 13 Carter Creek Winery award winners include two gold Texas Class Champion Awards, eight silver and three bronze medals. Award winning wines include:
- Gold Class Champion Texas Class Champion: Plateau White, Texas High Plains, 2017
- Gold Reserve Texas Class Champion: Viognier-Roussanne, Texas High Plains, 2017
- Silver Medal: Viognier-Roussanne, Texas High Plains, 2018
- Bronze Medal: Winery Brut, American, NV 90 Sparkling - Non-Champagne AOC Varietals - New World
- Silver Medal: Dominim Tinto 1845 Port, American, NV 810 Fortified
- Bronze Medal: Gloriosa White, Texas High Plains, 2017, 703 Semi-Sweet to Sweet Whites; Vitis Vinifera; Hybrids and Non-Vitis Vinifera
- Bronze Medal: Gloriosa White, Texas High Plains, 2018
- Silver Medal: Maverick Red, Texas High Plains, 2018, 602 Other Red Wine Blends; including non-Vitis Vinifera
- Silver Medal: Maverick Red, Texas High Plains, 2017
- Silver Medal: Gloriosa White, Texas High Plains, 2018
- Silver Medal: Plateau Red, Texas High Plains, 2016, 441 New World Tempranillo and Blends
- Silver Texas Class Champion: Sangria, Texas, NV 702
- Flavored Silver Reserve Class Champion: Sparkling Peach, NV 325
Producing award-winning wines since 2016, Carter Creek Winery’s production facilities are in Johnson City along Old Hwy 290 in Texas Hill Country, complementing Carter Creek Winery Resort & Spa. Carter Creek Winery Resort & Spa features 78 luxury villas, tasting rooms, restaurant, its own onsite microbrewery creating small batch craft beers and an outdoor event center. It is a counterpart to Temecula, California’s award-winning South Coast Winery Resort & Spa and Carter Estate Winery and Resort.
About Carter Hospitality Group
Established in 2011, Carter Hospitality Group, LLC. is a family-owned hospitality company with four hotels and resorts as well as three wineries across the United States. Based in Orange County, California, the company manages and owns a portfolio of luxury properties including South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, Temecula, California; Carter Estate Winery and Resort, Temecula California; and Carter Creek Winery Resort & Spa, Texas Hill Country. Carter Hospitality Group additionally serves as the owner-franchisee for Red Lion Hotel Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, Orlando Florida. For more information, visit www.carterhospitality.com.